A car manufacturer contacted Air Time Critical® to organise an urgent air shipment from one of their UK suppliers to their French production factory. Air Time Critical® quickly implemented an air charter solution in order to honour the customer’s tight time frames. How long would it take to deliver the goods from England?
Details of the air charter solution
- Flight type: air charter
- Service: door-to-door delivery
- Goods: car parts parcel (75 kg)
- Flight route: Birmingham (BHX) – Vatry (XCR)
- Flight duration: 1 hour 45 minutes
- Aircraft: Pilatus PC12
Sequence of operations for the England-France transport
- 15 September, 18:30 – Goods received at Birmingham airport (BHX)
- 15 September, 20:00 – Flight take-off from Birmingham airport (BHX)
- 15 September, 22:45 –Air charter landing at Paris-Vatry airport (XCR)
- 16 September, 00:00 – Goods ready for delivery, express van departure
- 16 September, 03:00 – Parcels delivery at destination site
Note: All timings given are local times
What delivery time frame for this urgent England-France air shipment?
Departure from Birmingham at 18:30 and delivery at French site at 03:00
This express door-to-door England-France delivery was carried out in 7 and a half hours.
Average time saved compared to road transport: 10-12 hours.
Air Time Critical®’s added value
Import customs at Vatry airport in France or Ostend in Belgium
For your urgent shipments, Air Time Critical® has access to 2 airports for import customs clearance from the UK:
- Paris-Vatry airport (XCR) in France: full clearance or T1
- Ostend airport (OST) in Belgium: full clearance
Post-Brexit customs clearance – What you need to know
Requirements for import into or export from England:
- Copy of Airway Bill (AWB)
- Commercial invoice
- Packing list
- Clearance instructions (goods code, exporter VAT, French importer EORI number, mandate for home use)
Express delivery to/from the UK?
We have the necessary knowledge and experience to take care of your most urgent shipments to/from the UK via air charter. Don’t hesitate to contact us:
- via our webform
- by phone: +32 2 888 84 16
For a list of UK airports with air charter capacity, read our web article on the subject.
Note: The dates, timings, locations and names mentioned above may have been changed to preserve customer confidentiality.