Express Japan-France air freight case study: A broken down machine tool at a French car manufacturer’s jeopardised their production. They therefore contacted Air Time Critical® to ship a spare part urgently from Japan to France. Air Time Critical® acted swiftly to propose a priority air freight solution to the customer.
Details of the express Japan-France air freight
- Flight type: Priority express air freight (MustGo)
- Service: Door-to-door Japan-France delivery
- Goods: 1 box of 10 kg
- Flight route: Narita (NRT) – Frankfurt (FRA) – Paris Charles de Gaulle (CDG)
- Flight duration: 18 hours 20 minutes plus 1 hour 20 minutes
Air freight – Sequence of operations
- 3 October, 21:30 – Flight departed from Narita airport (NRT), Japan
- 4 October, 08:50 – Flight arrived at Frankfurt airport (FRA), Germany
- 4 October, 12:40 – Flight left Frankfurt airport FRA)
- 4 October, 14:00 – Flight arrived at Paris Charles de Gaulle (CDG)
- 5 October, 08:30 – Goods received on the destination site in France.
Note: All times indicated are local times
What delivery time frame for this express Japan-France air freight?
This priority, door-to-door shipment from Japan to France was executed in 1 day and 18 hours (distance as the crow flies: 9,500 km).
Average time saved compared to standard express air freight: 2-3 days.
Air Time Critical®’s added value
1) Door-to-door service from Japan to France
Air Time Critical® offers its customers a turnkey service with door-to-door delivery from Japan to France. This includes liaising with the supplier in Japan, checking pickup time of the goods, booking a dedicated flight as documents become available, coordinating export procedures, verifying information provided by the customer, etc. The French customer receives regular progress updates about their shipment. They know they will promptly be informed of any delay or concern, without them needing to chase anything. Communication is unbroken all the way to final delivery to the French consignee.
Door-to-door service for complete peace of mind
2) Advice and assistance with paperwork and procedures
Emergency shipments often follow logistics processes that are unfamiliar to customers: new supplier, particular commercial contract, unreferenced spare parts, etc. A shipment usually sent by boat may now go by plane, or goods may not come from a referenced supplier, but from another group site that ‘donates’ parts to help out their colleagues. Consequently, customers are very often missing elements about the shipment and do not have proper documents.
That is when Air Time Critical®’s advice comes into play: We advise the customer or the shipper on document preparation, warn them about any missing mandatory mention or any obvious errors. We cannot fill out documents or select commercial agreements in place of the supplier or consignee, but we warn them whenever we identify potential obstacles, like incorrect currencies, missing translations, undefined incoterms, vague goods descriptions, or missing HS codes. These are the details that prevent delays and make for a successful door-to-door international shipment. Air Time Critical® is pleased to put its experience at the service of its customers and thus bring them peace of mind.
Advice and assistance with paperwork and procedures
3) Flexible customs at Paris Charles de Gaulle (CDG)
Air Time Critical® organises express customs clearance at Roissy airport during the week as well as on weekends and outside regular office hours, subject to the availability of standby customs.
In addition to this flexible schedule, Air Time Critical® gives its customers a choice of customs clearance:
- Full clearance (home use) as the flight lands in Roissy airport
- T1 delivery to their factory. Possible addition of a customs stop by their declaring agent if needed.
Bespoke customs clearance at Roissy airport or T1 delivery through my usual forwarder
Advice: elements required to prepare a T1 - Destination agency and relevant customs code - Consignee’s EORI number - Commercial invoice and packing list - Freight and delivery costs - Named contact at destination to check T1 processing if needed
Need express Japan-France air transport?
Air Time Critical® remains at your disposal to discuss your needs. Contact us:
- via our instant quote form
- by phone: +32 2 888 84 16 (EN/FR)
Note: The dates, timings, locations and names mentioned above may have been changed to preserve customer confidentiality.